As of today, it is surprising how essential oils have helped me in dealing with various problems, be it for my personal use or medical use. Essential oils have been important for me since a long time, I have had the benefits of having different essential oils such as lavender, citrus, rose, tea tree, lemon and many more. So today, I am going to talk about the five uses of lemon essential oils and how it can help us in dealing with different issues. Lemon essential oil has an amazingly wide range of uses. The lemon conjures up images of freshness and cleanliness and sunshine and lemonade.
Even a 0.2% solution of Lemon essential oil can kill diphtheria bacteria in 20 minutes and inactivate tuberculosis bacteria. Its antiseptic properties will last for twenty days. It is perfect for destroying air-borne germs in hospital rooms, waiting rooms, and schools. It is particularly effective in neutralizing unpleasant body odors of patients suffering from cancer. Lemon essential oil is an essential oil with high vibrations, comparable to a high-toned whistle. Sandalwood, in comparison, hums like a bumble bee. Essential oils with high vibrations lifts spirits, especially when one may be feeling mental fatigue.
Lemon especially brings a sense of warmth and fun to intellectual pursuits. Although Lemon essential oil is beneficial for both physical and psychological heaviness, it mostly stimulates the mind, increasing concentration and the ability to memorize.
Brain research concerned with the effects of fragrances has found that Lemon essential oil primarily activates the hippocampus. Diffused Lemon essential oil resulted in 54 percent fewer errors. When aromas were diffused during test taking, scores increased by as much as 50 percent. In other research Lemon essential oil has shown to have antidepressant effects.
Some Great Therapeutic Uses for Lemon Essential Oil
- For colds or throat and mouth infections, gargling with Lemon essential oil (2 drops diluted in half a glass of water) and taking Lemon essential oil orally by adding it to a propolis tincture is helpful.
- Place a drop of Lemon essential oil on cold sores, herpes, or other mouth ulcers to lessen pain and aid in healing.
- For treatment of itchy eczemas and measles add Lemon essential oil to a sponge bath (1-2 drops to a quart of water)
- Lemon essential oil because of its vitamin C content is beneficial for treating anemia.
- Lemon essential oil acts as an astringent, an antiseptic, a disinfectant, and a styptic that stops wounds from bleeding. It becomes an excellent remedy when used in a compressor as a cleanser for treating bleeding wounds. Put a drop of Lemon essential oil on bleeding gums caused by gingivitis or tooth extraction.
Essential Lemon essential oil taken orally will help counteract a high acid content in body fluids by stimulating production of potassium carbonate, a neutralizing substance and is a preferred remedy for rheumatism and gout, since it cleanses the body of uric acid, a side effect of high acidity. In this case, the oil may be taken both orally and topically.
There is a lot of important uses of this essential oil and I do not think have seen or smelled all of them.