Organic food is produced using methods that comply with the standards of organic farming. This type of farming involves the cycling of resources, promoting ecological balance, and conserving biodiversity. Organic food is labeled for not having artificial food additives and this includes sweeteners, preservatives, coloring, flavoring and monosodium glutamate(MSG). Organic farmers use natural fertilizers like manure to improve plant growth as well as improve soil quality and the conservation of groundwater. It is also useful for the environment as pollution is reduced.
Organic Food is Better!
Did you know that food has an impact on your mental and emotional health? Knowing that your food is grown organically motivates you to have it rather than eating ‘poisonous’ food! Below are some points to prove the benefits of organic food:
• Organic products contain fewer pesticides. There is no chemical involved and it does not affect human health in harmful ways. It provides healthy foodstuff resulting in people being healthier and living a better life.
• Organic food is often fresher because it doesn’t contain preservatives that make it last longer. You can eat organic food without worrying about your health or the problems that you can have while eating it!
• Antioxidant contents are positive for the heart and vision problems. It also helps in preventing cancer, premature aging, and cognitive malfunction.
• Animals are not given antibiotics, growth hormones, or fed animal byproducts.
• The use of natural and environmentally friendly techniques is revealed to be the reason for the better taste in organic food products.
• Organic food helps in building a stronger immune system. The food has better quality and higher vitamin and mineral contents that help to strengthen the human immune system.
• Organic products are poison-free.
• It contains more nutrients.
• Organic tastes so good!
• Organic food is good for your health and for your skin!
There are numerous facts that support why organic foods are better and healthier than conventional non-organic ones. The way food is produced should be beneficial for our body rather than harmful. So next time you go shopping, do buy the ugly fruit and vegetables.
If you are a health conscious person, then organic junk food is still considered junk food! Some of these foods are high in calories, sugar, salt, and added fats. However, when you are buying organic junk food, then you are buying a slightly higher quality version of regular junk food!