“Self-care is how you take your power back.”– Lalah Delia
Worrying about the future or worrying about what people say or think implies that you are harming yourself both mentally and physically. One way of regaining yourself back is self-care! By definition, self-care is taking an active and powerful decision to engage in the activities that are required to gain or maintain an optimal level of overall health.
There are numerous ways to take care of yourself, but one way is to implement tiny self-care habits every day. To regularly include in your life a little bit of love and attention for your body, mind, and soul.
To help you in your journey, here are some tips:
• Start a compliments file. Write notes about why you are grateful for each day. Read them whenever you feel low.
• Cross off something on your to-do list, something you have never done!
• Change up the way you make decisions! Stand up to your decisions.
• Lie on your back, relax, and watch the sky. Contemplate the beauty of nature.
• Try new things. Take a new route, explore everything around you!
• Pay attention to every small thing around you.
• Eat a balanced meal.
• Stop comparing yourself to others.
• Create joyful rituals where your health and mind are put first!
• Intentional appreciation of others.
• Practice yoga.
• Journaling – write about everything you feel.
• Dance off your feelings.
• Physical detox practices.
With a little bit of attention to your own self-care, you will be a new you!