A healthy breakfast is essential to start your day off right. The meal is the most important meal of the day. However, many people tend to forget to have breakfast and rush through their morning routines and avoid preparing breakfast. Thinking that skipping breakfast will help you lose weight is totally wrong! The truth is skipping breakfast can result in negative consequences for your health.
Below, we point out the importance and benefits of breakfast:
• Breakfast energizes your brain and body the fuel to start functioning properly.
• It helps to boost your brain by improving concentration and your ability to memorize things.
• You have low-stress levels and improved mood.
• Your weight is controlled. Skipping your breakfast does not help in losing calories instead it increases as it leaves you feeling more hungry and more vulnerable to cravings.
• Enhances digestion. The consumption of yogurt and fiber-rich foods reduces the risk of colon cancer.
• During breakfast, you get the chance to consume foods that are rich in calcium, vitamin D and protein.
• Having a regular breakfast leads no disease such as high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease.
• Breakfast gives you a better endurance that you will need to fuel for your morning workouts.
• A nutritious breakfast helps you all through the day.
• You have a lower BMI when you have breakfast on time.
• It benefits your skin. Protein and other nutritious breakfast help you keep your skin glowing.
• You feel happier when you have a proper breakfast.
Breakfast provides many benefits to our health and well-being. Nutritionists advise that breakfast should be eaten within two hours of waking and a healthy breakfast should provide calories in the range of 20-35% of your guideline daily allowance. Having breakfast as a family is more beneficial for your children’s health.
A healthy breakfast is beneficial for you throughout your life. Thereby, no more rushing in the morning and have a balanced breakfast that will keep you going. If you’re still starving and making unhealthy choices at lunch, you might want to rethink your breakfast habits, either making it bigger, better or just make it! You can always have ready to go meals when you are late for work or college.
Well hopefully, I have convinced a few of you to get up a little earlier and eat yourselves a lovely, healthy in the breakfast in the morning. Trust me, you’ll feel better for it!