Massage is to work and act on the body with pressure. Every once in a while, indulging in a massage helps your body to recover from the stress of daily life! One such massage is Ayurvedic or Abiyangam. It is an ancient lifestyle practice that aims to create harmony within the body by combining all the ‘chakras’. Ayurvedic massage involves using different oils for different body parts to help in balancing the body and the mind as one.
Though it is known as one of the best massage therapies that exist, there are people still unaware of these following facts:
• It eliminates body impurities and helps in weight loss
• Ayurvedic massage calms nerves and improves your sleeping patterns
• It softens and smooths skins
• Also acts as an anti-aging process
• It improves blood circulation and stimulates the internal organs
• Helps children with cerebral palsy
• Reduces the burning sensations in diabetic neuropathy patients
• Increases the weight gain for babies born with low birth weights
• Reduces knee pain
• Lowers the level of anxiety and depression
• Reduces migraine frequency
• A relief from chronic back pain
With all these benefits, it’s not wrong to say that it is one of the best massage therapies ever!