People naturally want to believe they can predict all sorts of things. The ability to predict the outcome of some things is a key part of the human intelligence –after all, humans are predicting animals. For instance, we are great at predicting what will happen in a particular social situation or when to plant crops. When we find patterns, we expect the patterns to continue –we extrapolate forward and naturally assume the future will be like that. In a simpler world –a world before stock markets and presidential elections –that worked really well and the predictions made became true. However, the modern era is extremely unpredictable. There are no real patterns in things that can occur only once like wars or great advances and developments. But, people are still looking for patterns and making predictions.
For 2023, for example, some have predicted that prices will increase faster than people’s incomes and some have even talked about a World War III. One of the most alarming predictions is perhaps the claim of a solar storm that could have calamitous consequences. While most of the predictions sound catastrophic, beauty experts’ take on 2023 sounds comforting. According to their claims, 2023 is going to be a great year for beauty.
Don’t Neglect Your Hands
Thousands of people are dying every day from infections. And, did you know that hands are the primary pathways of germ transmission?
Like your face, your hands are always on display, which is why it is very important to take good care of them. In fact, according to many, hands are a woman’s second face.
Effective hand hygiene is recognized as one of the most important steps a person can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others.
In addition, hand skin care is important not only because it can significantly reduce infections but also because it can help fight signs of skin aging. You see, hands are the first to show signs of aging. And, with the regular usage of sanitizers, I think we are noticing that our hands are demanding some extra care and attention.
So, here are some tips to help you take better care of your hands:
- Wash your hands regularly (not just after using the toilet) and avoid harsh soaps.
- Usually, during winter, the hands are dry and lack water. You can apply products like thin lotions or cool gels to replenish water. And, remember, each time you apply to your hands, apply more to the joints because the dryness is quite high there.
- Keep your hands moisturized and I strongly suggest shea butter for that.
- Use sunscreen every time you go out.
- Exfoliate with a scrub weekly.
- Healthy, neat and full nails are a beautiful landscape for hands. So, make sure you trim your nails regularly and it is important to regularly supplement the nutrition of nails by applying almond oil or a few drops of Vaseline with vitamin E for care.
- If you have lots of black hair on the back of your hand, you can use hair removal products (if you want to get rid of the hair, of course).
- If calluses have grown on your hands, you can use a pumice stone to remove them after soaking them in warm water.
- Before going to bed, wash your hands and put on hand cream.
Go for the “No-Makeup” Look
The amount of time and money wasted on makeup is outrageous. I honestly think if no one wears makeup, society would adjust to the natural look of women and then women wouldn’t have to “force” themselves to wear makeup.
I don’t have anything against makeup but trust me, the best skincare routine (according to many beauty experts and celebrities) is the no-makeup routine.