If your goal is to wear a flawless makeup, you should know what compact powder is for and how this cosmetic has become the best ally to eliminate shine from your face.
The compact powder is the product that can’t be missing in any bag, but it’s common to find makeup with imperfections due to a bad application or a wrong choice of makeup tone.
That’s why in today’s article, we will talk about the makeup that everyone has fallen in love with, the compact powder. However, there are many who do not know what compact powder is used for. Keep reading and be encouraged to clear your doubts with this article.
Origin of Compact Powder
The beginning of powder as a makeup can be traced back to the 100th century BC, when a woman of that time took the initiative to protect her face with cream, chalk and vinegar to be more attractive. This is how rice powder was created in ancient China, a natural resource used for beauty and the first product of its kind created at the time. A cosmetic with which upper-class women had an elegant face.
Today, the elaboration of a compact powder is more elaborate, which allows you to enjoy compact powders with different shades and functions to enhance a perfect face without shine.
What Do You Need to Know About Compact Powder?
The compact powder is a cosmetic applied to our face to achieve an even, fresh and greaseless finish. An ideal product to shade the glow that can appear without any inconvenience.
For this reason, it is important to know what the pressed powder is used for, remember that this product is the best ally to achieve a perfect makeup.
Characteristics of the Compact Powder
- Greater coverage: compact powders have the distinction of giving your face greater coverage and color uniformity. However, on moisturized faces, pressed powder can be used without prior foundation.
- Easy application: pressed powder has an easy application process. The key is to have the perfect brush to apply it to the T-zone of your face and be able to touch it up as many times as you like throughout the day.
- Cover imperfections: the purpose of the compact is to match your skin tone so you can look flawless, but it’s important to point out that in order for your compact powder to do its job, you need to have the perfect tone.
- Be careful when applying them: the most recommended is to apply the pressed powder after the makeup base, as long as it is necessary. Remember that the compact powder is used to remove the shine from our face and you should not use it excessively.
What Are the Ingredients of Compact Powder?
The manufacture and ingredients of compact powder have changed over the years. But today, compact powders are made with different ingredients, but with the same function of giving your skin an even and natural tone.
Here are the most common ingredients in today’s powder compacts: Talc, fragrances, zinc oxide, dyes, parabens, polyethylene glycol, lead and chromium oxide.
These are some of the most common ingredients in the manufacture of compact powders. It is therefore important to know what compact powders are used for and how the cosmetics we apply to our face are made.
What Is the Purpose of Compact Powder?
If you don’t know what compact powder is for, we tell you that this cosmetic is the last step to complete the makeup and its main function is to seal the base and remove the shine from the face.
You can find compact powder in different shades, so you have to apply the necessary amount to not overload your makeup. However, there are translucent compact powders that offer an impressive finish.
Finally, and since you know what compact powder is for, it is important to mention that this cosmetic is very often confused with powder foundation, and if you make this mistake, your face will look stiff due to the reversal of the order of application of the product.
Types of Compact Face Powder
Now that you know what compact powder is for, it’s time to choose the type of compact powder that best suits your needs. The important thing is to acquire a compact powder that enhances your qualities and hides imperfections.
There are different classes of this product and each one has essential functions. Here we present you the types of compact powders that you can find on the market:
- Bronzing powder: this type of compact powder offers your face a healthy look thanks to the tanning effect without having to expose yourself to the sun.
- Translucent powders: this type of compact powder should be applied with a thick brush that you should shake to avoid excess. Ideal cosmetic to create a natural tone on your skin.
- Loose powder: This cosmetic has tiny particles that when applied to your face, you can achieve a flawless finish without the help of a professional.
- Imitation powders: This type of compact powder is made to create a light glow on your face without having to go through a professional.
Here you are. So do you already use compact powders or are you now going to use them? Let us know in the comments below.