Double facial cleansing, which has been very fashionable lately, is a cleansing routine originating from Korea, which is becoming more and more popular. For many years, when you went to the beauty salon for any kind of facial treatment, your beautician would perform a double cleanse.
Using an oily makeup remover that she would apply to you to remove any remaining makeup and later using a cleansing milk or gel to remove any organic remnants that remain on your skin, such as dead skin cells.
In fact, we could say that it is a triple cleansing by incorporating the toner, leaving the skin prepared for the next treatment. Today, this is a technique that many women perform at home, using it as a daily beauty routine.
Want to learn more? Keep reading as we’ll tell you everything about double facial cleansing below!
Why Is Double Cleansing Important?
In our daily life, due to the hurry we are always in, we give very little importance to the cleaning of our skin, often using products that are not indicated (such as cleansing wipes), which remove the dirt, leaving dead cells on it and leaving the skin dull and without brightness.
This is why it is very important that your skin care starts with a good cleansing, leaving the skin receptive and prepared to absorb all the active ingredients that you will then apply with the cosmetics.
What Is Double Cleansing?
It is a deeper cleansing in which you remove dead cells, sebum, residues of previously applied cosmetics, makeup and impurities.
It is a method that consists of two main steps, the first step of oily base either in oil or balm that helps you dissolve the remains of makeup even waterproof (water resistant).
It manages to penetrate deep into the pores, helping to prevent dirt from accumulating there, thus preventing the formation of blackheads and pimples.
The second water-based step, such as gel, water or foam, helps you remove traces of impurities, contamination, residue, dirt…. You should perform these steps twice a day, morning and night.
This routine has multiple benefits for our skin:
Benefits of Double Cleaning
- Fights the tired appearance of our skin, giving it back light and vitality
- Prevents the accumulation of grease, blackheads and pimples
- Eliminates organic (dead cells), inorganic (make-up residues…) and micro-organisms from our skin
- Reduces the appearance of open pores, thus improving its appearance
- Oxygenates the skin by improving blood circulation
- Evens out skin tone by removing dead skin cells
- Repairs the natural moisture factor
- Balances by restoring skin flora
- Improves the absorption of active ingredients applied after cleansing.
The Steps of the Double Cleansing
It is divided into several steps:
- Apply a small amount of the cleanser in oil, cream or balm and warm it in your hands by friction.
- Massage the product on the face, neck and décolleté, and insist on the lips and eyes if you wear makeup, lipsticks, eyeliner, mascara or eyeshadow, even waterproof.
- Apply it directly with your hands, this way you will avoid irritating the skin and you won’t drag on the lashes.
- Apply the product with the most watery texture, such as the cleansing gel, micellar water or cleansing foam, evenly over the face, neck and décolleté with a cotton pad.
- With this step, you make sure to remove all impurities and help regulate excess oil.
- Wash with water.
- To make your cleansing more effective, you can include a 3rd step, this is your facial toner, which is very important in the cleansing routine, as the toner balances and hydrates your skin.
It is very important to perform these steps completely, even if you do not wear makeup, because the skin gets dirty due to contamination, traces of previously applied cosmetics (such as sunscreen) and the use of surgical masks, because these produce an occlusion and this area is constantly wet and lacks ventilation, in addition to rubbing them on our skin.
There you are! What are your thoughts on double facial cleansing? Let us know in the comments below.