In this day and age where beauty and eternal youth are paramount, it is no wonder that cosmetic dentistry has come to the spotlight. Countless patients are choosing to use a wide variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures to improve their smile. Cosmetic dentistry is not about the treatment of dental health problems or the prevention of dental problems; the focus is on beautifying the appearance of the patient’s smile. While not a source of modern youth, cosmetic dentistry has significant advantages over cosmetic surgery. An individual who is wise enough will look at the issue from all angles. It would not be too bright to say that cosmetic dentistry has no drawbacks; today, most clients are happy and satisfied with the results of their procedures.
Whether you need a full mouth reconstruction or just want to whiten your teeth a few shades, here are some benefits of cosmetic dentistry to consider:
- Cosmetic dentistry delivers results; what could be a more crucial benefit than this. People no longer have to live with cracked, chipped or broken teeth because they can now be repaired. Badly stained teeth can be re-whitened. In fact, cosmetic dentistry can correct most dental problems. Cosmetic dentistry reduces the symptoms of aging and leaves the patient with a more youthful look. It can also correct dental damage caused by trauma, developmental disorders, disease, infection or heredity.
- Good teeth restore lost confidence; in short, perfect teeth remove the anxiety that used to come with rotting teeth. People feel more at peace with their appearance and feels more comfortable interacting with the people around them.
- With the exception of rural or remote populations, cosmetic dentistry is pretty much accessible to all. In contrast to other cosmetic surgery specialties, dentistry has achieved a sufficient level of popularity even in smaller urban areas. However, many dentists specialize in cosmetic dentistry; most procedures used in cosmetic dentistry are not otherwise outside the scope of general dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry is therefore accessible to the general population.
- It would be incorrect to say that cosmetic dentistry is very affordable, but with time and advances in technology, the cost of many cosmetic dental procedures has come down. This makes it affordable for many patients. In addition, many dental insurance companies intend to cover cosmetic dental procedures in their plans. So you should check if your insurance benefits cover the procedures or not.
- Cosmetic dentistry leaves long-lasting effects. Numerous other cosmetic procedures can last as long as above ten years. This is of great benefit to patients as it reduces the amount of money and time dedicated to maintaining whatever the procedure was done.
- The recovery time for cosmetic dentistry is very short. Many other cosmetic procedures require a long recovery period and are associated with a lot of pain. Patients who use cosmetic dentistry report a very short recovery span and very limited pain during the recovery phase. In addition, the success rate of these dental procedures grows relatively high over time. Some studies have shown success rates of up to the 90th percentile for cosmetic dental procedures.
A beautiful smile is a significant social asset. It will boost your personality and increase your social attractiveness. It can also bolster your self-esteem, ultimately improving your productivity and relationships.
If you are looking for a dentist to perform cosmetic dentistry, we suggest Rowley Family Dentistry in Melbourne, Florida. With a team of professionals at their disposal, they will assist you and make you feel at home while providing the best care available for your teeth. Visit them in person or give them a call on (321) 723-1772 for more information.