Nothing compares to well-shaved skin. Shaving can give you a sense of preparation to start the day off right and give you a beautiful fresh glow. That is if you use the right shaving cream. Today, it’s a product that is widely used by men and women. For reasons of taste, fashion, hygiene, aesthetics, and many other reasons, most prefer to shave to remove excess hair.
Shaving can be done in different face and body areas, and this activity must be done with a specific frequency. Therefore, care must be taken to ensure good results and smooth, irritation-free skin.
What Is Shaving Cream For?
Shaving methods have evolved over the years. Today different products make this task easier, like a good shaving cream. In fact, this product lubricates and softens the skin to make it easier to slide blades or razors, hence making the whole process easier.
However, some can affect skin health and cause irritation if accidentally cut while shaving. That’s the reason why you should take the time to apply them carefully.
An excellent natural alternative is the preparation of a homemade shaving cream made from natural ingredients. What we’ll do is combine ingredients that are healthy for the skin. You can make a very inexpensive and effective shaving cream at home, which has many advantages.
How to Prepare a Homemade Shaving Cream?
Preparing a homemade shaving cream is very easy, and it will not take you long. As a result, you will get a cream free of artificial toxins.
• ¼ cup of olive oil (65 ml).
• 3 tablespoons of Shea or cocoa butter (30 ml).
• ¼ cup of honey (65 g).
• 2 teaspoons of baking soda (20 g).
• ¼ cup of liquid Castile soap (65 ml).
• 1 capsule of vitamin E.
• 1 tablespoon of cosmetic white clay (optional).
- In a bowl, melt the shea or cocoa butter in a water bath.
- When it is completely melted, remove it from the heat and mix it with the remaining ingredients before it cools.
- Stir or beat all ingredients well until completely incorporated. This step may take a few minutes, but the idea is to leave a cream with a smooth, compact texture.
- Pour the shaving cream into an airtight container to set aside and let it cool.
- Before using it, check that all the ingredients are well integrated; if not, stir well until you get a smooth texture.
How to Use It?
- Before applying this homemade shaving cream, wash your beard or the areas you are going to shave well. This is necessary because sweat residues can cause skin irritation.
- Then apply the shaving cream and gently pass the blade as usual. Do it slowly and very carefully to avoid cuts.
- Finally, rinse and store the rest of the cream, well covered and at room temperature.
Some Additional Tips
- We recommend not preparing a lot of homemade shaving cream, as its shelf life is two months maximum.
- Change disposable razors frequently. These could lead to infection if cut.
- Never use the same razor for more than a month.
- Four-blade razors are recommended because they work better than two-blade razors and make shaving easier.
- Although this homemade shaving cream has skin moisturizing properties, we recommend applying an astringent lotion or moisturizer after shaving.
- We also recommend that you apply a small amount to a small area before use to exclude possible allergies. Before applying it, first, consult the allergist in order to rule out any possibility of allergies.
Do you have any other useful shaving tips that you would like to share? Remember to leave them in the comments section below.